Understand different teamwork strategies with git and GitLab, and git concepts like branches, remotes, and rebase.
This page describes the content and target audience of an intermediate git workshop. So far, 39 public servants have rated these workshops an average 4.38/5.
- Attended git100 or who have some git experience.
- Want to know more about: branch, remotes, cherry pick, rebase.
- Are interested in discussing teamwork strategies using git and GitLab.
- Understand different teamwork strategies with git and GitLab.
- Understand answers on stack overflow about git.
- Know how to Google git questions.
- Understand why we use git.
However we will not memorize git commands, or look at long lists of git commands without thinking.
- Quick review of git100 content.
- Vocabulary: local repository, remote repository, branch, remote, hook, squash, fork
- Commands: remote, cherry pick, rebase, merge, fetch
- config, gitignore, README.md
- Examples of different teamwork strategies
- Cautionary tales